The new batch of BMC Toys should be in stock within the next couple of weeks. This is the first production since I purchased BMC Toys from the family of Bill McMaster following his untimely passing in late 2014. The new production was overseen by Bill's 25+ year business partner, Thomas Leung, and manufactured in the same factory that has been producing the line for over 20 years. Since the package art had to be redesigned due to licensing issues, we took the opportunity to make a few minor upgrades and changes to the product line. Other than the package art and following changes, everything is exactly the same as previous production. Here's a rundown on the changes to the BMC Toys product line in 2017:
- 40028 ACW Appomattox Figures 26pc: Piece count increased to 26.
- 40022 Alamo Figures 37pc: No changes.
- 40023 ARW Yorktown Figures 34pc: No changes.
- 49991 WW2 Amtrac Vehicle: Sticker sheet added.
- 99999 WW2 Atlantic Wall Fortifications 21pc: New item.
- 49996 WW2 Bombed Farm House: Walls changed to tan ABS plastic, reinforcing lines added to interior and roof pins are thicker.
- 40024 WW2 D-Day Figures 34pc: No changes.
- 40009 WW2 D-Day Normandy Playset: Smaller tray style box. Sticker sheets, 3 flags and rocks added. Barbed wire, sandbags, and improved Farm House.
- 40027 WW2 D-Day Utah Beach Playset 40pc: Sticker sheets added.
- 49997 WW2 German Bunker with Cannon: Sticker sheet added.
- 49999 WW2 German Tiger Tank (Gray): Sticker sheet added.
- 49998 WW2 Higgins Boat Landing Craft: Sticker sheet added.
- 40032 WW2 Iwo Jima Figures 32pc Olive and Tan: New item.
- 40026 WW2 Iwo Jima Figures 32pc Sage and Butternut: No changes.
- 40013 WW2 Iwo Jima Playset: Smaller tray style box, sticker sheets, 2 flags and rocks added.
- 49990 WW2 Sherman Tank: Sticker sheet added.
There's many people to thank for making the relaunch of BMC Toys possible, but I especially want to thank the McMaster family for all their help, and for giving me the opportunity to continue BMC's legacy.
Share this post